Jabiru Aircraft & Engines - Light Sport Aircraft
Factory Authorized Sales and Service
Email | 559-431-1701 | Fax: 559-233-3676 |
The Jabiru J250-SP is proudly manufactured in the U.S.A. The design is Australian certified and both the design and manufacturing are in full compliance with the FAA approved ASTM consensus standards for design, manufacture, quality assurance, and continuing airworthiness.
Jabiru Aircraft Pty, Ltd has been in the business of producing Light Sport aircraft in Australia since 1991. The fleet of Jabiru LSA aircraft around the world in flight schools and flight clubs has accumulated over a half million flight hours. Jabiru LSA aircraft have the reputation of being docile and predictable – an easy airplane in which to instruct or fly. At the same time Jabiru’s are plenty tough to take on the rigors of touch-and-goes and day-in and day-out flight training.
Modifications to the instrument panel gives improved knee room. These changes have been made without affecting the Jabiru traditional strengths of value, reliability, simplicity, speed, comfort and Room. It has the Jabiru USA’s excellent interior finish and a huge baggage compartment – it is the same fuselage as Jabiru’s four place aircraft but the rear seats are not fitted. It still has the all strength needed for four place operation but the gross weight has been lowered to meet the USA Light Sport requirements.
J250-SP base price, $104,900.00
- Conventional configuration
- Designed to ASTM 2245-06 Airworthiness Standard
- High-winged, strut-braced monoplane with wing flaps, mass balanced rudder & elevator and in-flight adjustable trim.
- Cruise Speed @ 2850 rpm 120 knots
- Range (nil reserve) - 800 nautical miles
- 4 stroke JABIRU 3300 cc engine designed specifically for the Jabiru aircraft.
- Gentle and predictable stall characteristics, together with light and responsive controls, make J230-SP a true sport aircraft.
- Stall speed without flaps at Gross Weight: 45 KCAS
- Fully enclosed, ergonomically designed cabin with 3 doors providing ease of entry for baggage stowage.
- Excellent visibility
- Side-by side fixed seating with center controls and panel mounted throttles. Ideal for training or recreation.
- Tricycle undercarriage with steerable nosewheel and hand operated in line hydraulic disc brakes makes ground handling a breeze.
- Excellent cross wind handling performance – 15 knots
- All composite construction removes the corrosion problem.
- Wing and power loadings provide high performance and handling, particularly in turbulence.
- Removable Seat Covers.
- Designed for minimum maintenance. Upper and lower cowls easily removed.
- Auxiliary electronic fuel pump for ease of starting and added security in flight.
- All the engine management features of conventional GA light aircraft: Carburetor Air Heat, Dual Ignition
- Pressure Compensating Carburetor – no mixture control!
- Sensenich fixed pitch wooden propeller with urethane leading edge
- Avionics include VHF Transceiver
- 3 Options for instrument panels see: Instrument Panels
- Tinted windscreen
- Electrically operated flaps
- Matco wheels & brakes 500 x 5 aircraft tires
- Wheel Pants Standard
- Fully upholstered cockpit
- Cabin Heater
- 35 gallon fuel tanks (wing tanks & header tanks)
- Optional adjustable foot pedals to cater for pilots who have difficulties reaching the pedals
- Nav/Strobe package
- Wing strut Recognition light
- Airplane Cover
- Sensenich Carbon Fiber Propeller
- Engine Heater
- Panel Upgrades
||Back to Top
||7’10” / 240cm
||21’5” / 653cm
||43” / 109cm
||42" / 107cm
||30' / 914.4cm
||120 sq.ft / 11.15 m²
|Weights & Loading
||780 lbs / 353.9 kg
||1320 lbs / 599 kg
540 lbs / 245 kg
|Wing Loading - Gross
||12.8lbs/sq.ft / 62.7kg/m²
|Power Loading Gross
||ll lbs @ gross / 5 kg
|Flight Load Factor
||+3.8 -1.9 G
|Structure Tested to
||+8.55 -3.4 G
||Jabiru 3300 120 hp
6 cylinder, 4 stroke
||2 Blade Fixed Pitch
60” Diam x 53 pitch
|Vne (never exceed speed)
||159mph / 138kts / 256km/h
|Va (max maneuver speed)
||104mph / 90kts / 167km/h
|Cruise speed @ 75% power
||138mph/ 120kts / 222km/h
|Max straight and level speed
||159mph / 138kts / 256km/h
|Vs (full flap stall speed @ gross)
||51mph / 44 kts / 81km/h
|Vso (clean stall speed @ gross)
||55mph / 48 kts / 89km/h
|Climb Rate (sea level @ gross)
||1,000ft/min / 305m/min
||15,000ft / 4572m
|Take off Distance Ground Roll
||1000ft / 305m
|Landing Distance Ground Roll
||1000ft / 305m
|Glide Ratio (engine idle)
||16mph / 14kts / 26km/h
|Fuel & Range
||36.8USgal / 140L
||760sm / 660nm / 1223km
||5.5h with 1h reserve
|Fuel Consumption at Cruise
||5.6gal/h / 21L/h
|* Prices are subject to change without notice. For current pricing please contact the manufacturer, supplier or distributor.
© 2008 All rights reserved.